Airtran Airways Route Map
AirTran Airways – Go. There’s nothing stopping you:
AirTran Airways ceased its operation on December 28, 2014 and was fully integrated into Southwest Airlines.
Known as American low cost airline, AirTran operated near about daily 700 flights, especially in the eastern and midwestern of the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the airline’s fleet consisted of Boeing 717 aircraft and Boeing 737-700 aircraft. AirTran Airways had a fleet size of 138, operated over 69 destinations. The airline had a main hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport where near about 200 daily departures were operated.
Book AirTran Airways Tickets with planmyflights.com
Class of Services:
AirTran Airways offered two classes of service including Business class and Economy class.
Business Class: AirTran Airways’ business class seats are a blend of luxury and affordability. Here, passengers have more than enough space to work on their laptops and also an ample amount of legroom to relax and enjoy their journey with uttermost flexibility. Passengers can also have complimentary cocktails and various other amenities.
Economy Class: The economy seats of AirTran Airways are of great comfort to have a pleasurable journey. One can also get to enjoy the beverages and snacks that are offered in the economy class.
AirTran Airways top served cities (as of March, 2013) include:
- Atlanta with 171 daily departures.
- Orlando with 56 daily departures.
- Baltimore – Washington with 47 daily departures.
- Milwaukee 30 171 daily departures.
- Ft. Myers with 19 daily departures.
- Tampa with 17 daily departures.
- Fort Lauderdale with 15 daily departures.
- Washington, D.C. with 11 daily departures.
- Pittsburg with 12 daily departures.
- Akron- Canton with 10 daily departures.
The principal hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the other major hubs of AirTran were:
- Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- General Mitchell International Airport
Orlando International Airport